Saturday, December 8, 2007

Dec The Halls

I have been so excited for Christmas this year and have spent the last two days making my home festive. Last Friday, and all day Saturday, (it took forever.) I made a garland to go around our family room. For having no idea what I was doing I think it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Notice that in all my excitement for Christmas I have not completed my painting that I began in October. I need to decide on a color for my plant shelves and get them done. I'm thinking maybe red.


Today Dave and I went and picked out a Christmas tree, brought it home and decorated it. I think it is so beautiful. But when comparing it to last year's Charlie Brown tree anything does.

Last year's tree sure did have a lot of character though. Dave and I thought that it was perfect for our first year of marriage. We learned from last year, that Christmas trees are expensive, so we saved a bit more, and were able to get a tree that's branches weren't quite so sparse.

Only 16 more days until Christmas!

2 comments:

Lonica said...

Your tree looks good--and that's saying something because they never look quite as good in pictures. Can't wait to see it in person.

P.S. I think I'm going to just bring your b-day present when we come for Christmas if that's alright. I can mail it, but I don't think that it will get there in time (I forgot a couple of supplies at the store and so was unable to finish it this weekend).

bdrain said...

Your tree really does look good. Where did you get all those cool crocheted ornaments?