I had my hair cut last week and decided to go get some headbands for my new cut. On Sunday I made this cute bow thing with some old fabric. It was so fun and easy! I can’t wait to get to the store for some new ribbon to make some more.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I know I posted about planting a peach tree around this same time last year, but this is what that tree looked like in May.
So yesterday we decided to give it another shot. This tree already has buds on it so we already feel a bit more optimistic.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
As Dave and I walked Elle to the park on New Years Eve I shared my 25 year old wisdom with him. And this is what I believe…
I believe that has we age and accomplish all the large goals in life…graduate high school, go to college, get married, ect. and begin going to work every morning coming home, having dinner, and waking up to do it all over again life can become complacent.
Unlike the teenage years where parents were pushing us to learn this or that, and teachers where telling us to work and this or that. It is now totally and utterly up to us individually to make ourselves continue to learn, grow, reach, and stretch ourselves in new directions.
And with that thought I asked myself, “Self, what did you do in the last year? Did you learn, grow, reach, and stretch yourself in new directions?”
With last years motto being Natasha Bettingfield’s Unwritten I forced myself to erase my inhibitions and push myself I little more, and here is what I did.
- I left my job as a swim teacher and Kids Corner aide and ventured into the field of medicine and physical therapy
- I taught myself how to make homemade jam and can it (something I had always been afraid of)
- Expanded my garden and planted corn
- I became an aunt, on my side of the family (it took a lot of work on my part)
- I taught myself human anatomy in 8 weeks!
- I got my name on Gateway Community College’s Physical Therapy Assistant waiting list, I am currently number 84!
Overall I feel pretty good about 2009 and I am optimistic about 2010. So far I want to
- Run a 10k or two
- Get on an Occupational Therapy Assistant waiting list
- Learn some massage therapy techniques
- Get up early to read conference talks before work
We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and that your New Year is off to a terrific start!
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Dave treated me like a princess, and surprised me with a one hour massage at a neat little health and wellness center. And while I was getting pampered he finished the house chores! It was awesome.
Then he took me to dinner at The Bamboo Club in Scottsdale. I highly recommend it. Great Asian food, with a twist.
My actual birthday was on a Sunday so we had dinner at my parents, and Dave made his family’s traditional birthday dessert-Boston Cream Pie, yum.
My parents surprised me with this.
And my mom wrote this sweet post all about me.