Sunday, September 7, 2008

Camping Trip

It always seems that after three months of tripple didgit temptures, I get fed up with Phoenix and get the itch to get away. Laybor Day weekend was my boiling point. So I politely declared to Dave that we needed to get out of this barren place and go somewhere liveable. So on this past Friday afternoon, I said goodbye to Kids Corner and we headed up to Payson. We had no idea where we were going, which made me a little nervous, but I was confident we would find somewhere off the side of the road to camp. Once we got up over the rim we lucked out and found the perfect little camping spot. With just enough sun light left, we set up our tent and got a fire going for the night.This was Dave and I's first camping trip with just the two of us and the whole time we kept asking one another why we have never done this before. We had such a great time hanging out by the fire and making smores.
After a good nights rest we awoke to a beautiful cool morning. We rosted cinamon rolls over the fire and took a walk through the woods. By 11 o'clock we had played every game together that we had brought and then looked at each other and said, "what do we do now?" So we packed up our stuff and by one we were heading back home.
Not wanting the adventure to end, we made an unexpected stop at the Natural Bridge (one of my favorite places.) It was a little warmer there, so we didn't stick around too long, but long enough to see all that makes the Natual Bridge great.

6 comments:

The Anything Girl said...

Looks like it was sooo much fun! Next time you want a little vacation, come on up to
Utah! We'll put you up and it's definitely liveable up here! Glad those triple digits are coming down for you all.

Lonica said...

Labor Day really does need a good camping trip. I'm glad you had a good time. You need to keep up with the updates. I really liked my birthday present. Thanks a lot! Sorry I missed your phone call. We were out of town preparing for the triathalon (check the blog for details). Hope you have a good week.

bdrain said...

The pictures look great. We diffinately need to go camping more

Staci said...

FUN! I wanted to go somewhere SO badly for the weekend & we ended up staying home:( Glad you were able to get away & cool off & have some fun!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a fun day!Camping is a blast... not such a blast with kids though!

Me said...

Camping, WOOT!